THE UNDERGROUND | adepts | avatars | rituals | artifacts | dukes | cabals | rumors | unexplained | unnatural | misc | scenarios | mods | fiction | THE OVERGROUND | news | forum | submit! | search | links | downloads | ua-ml | NEWEST SUBMISSIONS | Thin Black Line | Dance of the Red Spiral Part 2: Collateral Damage | Shrekomancy | Ablutomancy |
A city's ritual yields things used for more occult rituals.
In the Fargo-Moorhead Metropolitan Area, the first full week of May is clean-up week. Every house and apartment in the area is allowed to place whatever they wish on the curb, in whatever amount, and the city sanitation trucks will take it away for free (as opposed to a single garbage-can full per week, with more causing a charge on your utility bill). What could a good little Occult Undergroundling find during such a ritual?
1) Two 6' long sofa cushions, duct-taped together at the ends. The bottom cushion has a large, jagged cut along the inside (ie, the side covered by the other cushion). The edges of the cut appear to have a dark yellow stain along them, and the foam inside appears to have been hollowed out.
2) Keg. Beer. Half-Empty. Outside a frat house. The same frat house where that kid died from binge drinking last week. Still has the lipstick he wore after losing a dare on the nozzle.
3) A collection of CD-Rs with popular computer programs on them. All of the CD-Rs have numerous scratches on them, rendering them unplayable. And all have been sharpened to a fine edge, akin to a blade.
4) A garbage bag of bones. Upon examination, the bones appear to be dog bones, from a variety of species, but only make one complete dog. The legs are human.
5) A cardboard box, formerly used to hold a vacuum cleaner. Currently, it is full of other, broken-down, cardboard boxes. If emptied and turned upside down, the box will suck up all cardboard in the vicinity until it is full, and then rights itself.
6) An old twin mattress and a bag containing a set of twin sheets and two pillows. Also, a milk container wiht a "Have you seen this child" photo on it. The child's last name matches the name on the mailbox.
7) A box of red stilleto heels. All left foot. Of varying sizes. Also, a collection of Barbie-doll legs. All left legs.
8) The cover of a book your PCs are looking for. Just the cover, which appears to have fallen off the binding for the book. Oddly enough, this one appears on the curb outside a vacant lot.
9) Incriminating photos of a PC's significant other on a date with someone else, then of the PC 'dealing with' the someone else. The photos are marked 'duplicate' on the back, and some are partially burned.
10) A collection of three computers, left on the curb outside a small church. Anyone who bothers to go through the time and effort to salvage them and get them working again is presented with a screen saying "Thou Shalt Not Steal," and the hard drives then burst into flame. This happens even if the drives are installed into a different computer first.
InfinityWpi | profile | May 08, 04 | 7:04 pm
11.) Traffic signs. Roughly a dozen, ranging from 'Slow Children' to 'Men Working'. However, if taken and deployed anew, they will immediately enact their stated message. Local school-age youths will become remarkably slower (almost retardation-class, but mostly slower reflexes and insightfulness), and unemployed males will locate viable work within hours of the "Men Working" sign's positioning.
Mr Unlucky | profile | May 09, 04 | 10:50 pm
12) A number of cardboard boxes full of role-playing game supplements that have, in fact, never been published,
AndyRaff | profile | May 22, 04 | 2:46 am
13) A boxed deck of cards with either three or one joker[s] each time you count them. It's impossible to predict which it will be with any kind of accuracy